Blogtember: About Me

Thursday, September 1, 2016


I am so excited to participate in this years Blogtember Challenge with Love Bailey Jean.   Due to this challenge falling right in the middle of our move, there are some prompts that I may not do, but I do plan to post Monday-Friday at least :) 

Today's prompt is introduce yourself however you like! Pic, vlogs, collage, your choice!  For this prompt, I decided to share 10 facts about myself along with a photo. 


 I am completely obsessed with being in the water.  I went snorkeling for the first time in 2014 in both Belize and Honduras and then went scuba diving in 2015 in the Cayman Islands.  I loved it so much!  It's a completely different world under the water and it fascinates me.  I was almost hoping we'd get stationed in Hawaii just so I could snorkel and dive all the time! 


I love tattoos!  I have 4 and if I had a money tree, I'd have a lot more.  I have the one pictured above which I got with my sister, I have one on my foot, one on my upper back/neck, and one on my hip.   I have plans for one on my side, and I'd like to get the one on my foot touched up soon. 


Ever since my trip to Costa Rica in 2009 I have had some mad love for Central America!  I love the people, the cultures, and the nature!  So far, I have been to Costa Rica, El Salvador, Belize, Mexico, and Honduras.  I'm hoping to get to Panama in the very near future!  In fact, there is a cruise we're looking at now that would take us there as well as to Costa Rica and to South America.


I am a vegetarian.  I am also mostly dairy free.  I choose not to eat meat, and my stomach reacts badly to dairy so that wasn't much of a choice, but I'm OK with it.  I try not to be too pushy about my beliefs about the meat industry and the morality of eating animals, but it is something that I believe in deeply.   I shared the picture above because that is the question I get asked most when people learn I am vegetarian.  It's also the question that makes me want to bang my head against a wall.  I get plenty of protein, don't worry about me. 


Reading is the one hobby I've stuck with for my whole life.  I absolutely love reading and I will pretty much read anything that sounds good.  I have my favorite genres but if someone recommends a book to me, I will probably read it.  I read for enjoyment so I'm not super critical of books.   If you're a reader, be my friend on GoodReads, I'd love to see what you're reading!


I'll state the obvious here, I love to travel.  My first big trip was in 1998 when my family went to visit my Grandfather in Bradford, PA.  Spent a few days of that trip in Niagara Falls, Canada which was my first time out of the country.  This trip really sparked my interest in the world.  I began looking up other countries and learning about different places in the world.  In 2005, my family took a trip out to Colorado for my Uncles wedding.  This is when travel became an obsession, and it still is.  I've been working tirelessly to pay off student loans so that my husband and I can travel more.


I am an Army wife.   You can read all about that journey here.  As I am writing this we are in the middle of packing all of our stuff for our move to our new duty station, Fort Drum.  I am excited to start exploring our new host state and take advantage of being a few miles from the Canadian boarder.  I am also looking forward to getting involved in the military community. 


I am a bit of a health and fitness nut.  I have been studying to become a certified personal trainer, but that has gotten a bit derailed with my job.  However, I fully intend to dive back into studying when we get to NY and take my test before the end of the year.  I love being at the gym and I love taking yoga, zumba and kickboxing classes.  


I am an animal lover and tend to love animals more than people.  Some of the truck drivers that come through my gate at work have dogs with them and I pay more attention to the dogs than the people, my boss finds it comical.   Dogs, horses, pigs, and otters are my favorites.  I'd love to find a way to work with animals in the future. 


I have a total girl crush on Sophia Bush and a total crush on Stephen Amell.  Both of their shows, Chicago PD and Arrow, are the only two shows that I watch weekly.   Most shows I just wait  until the season is over and either buy it or catch it on Netflix, but not these two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design