Places I'd Love to Visit

Friday, September 9, 2016


Today's Blogtember prompt isn't even fair!  The prompt is "if you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? why?".   As if I could just choose one place?!  So, I will be sharing the top 5 places on my list of must visit countries/regions.  *the photo above is from my trip to Costa Rica.


Ireland/UK
Ireland is at the tippy top of my list because I am Irish by heritage.  I've always wanted to visit because of all of the green and to see the cities that my family lived in!  I'm really hoping to get there soon and I'm really hoping it's with my sister.   I'd really like to visit all of the UK because I am obsessed with castles!  I would love to spend a few weeks just castle hunting. 


Germany/Austria
Germany and Austria are the other two countries that I want to visit because of my heritage.  I also love German architecture and took German in high school, so I'd love to go there and experience it.  Austria is a place I've wanted to visit since the first time I saw The Sound of Music.   The mountains alone made me fall in love through the movie.   We're really hoping to get stationed in Germany next.


Southern Africa
Southern Africa has been on my list for quite a while.  I'd love to visit Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa.   All of these countries have something I want to see or experience, but mainly I want to see all of the nature and wildlife.  I'd love to go on a safari in Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe, take in views of Cape Town from Lions Head, and see the sand dunes in Namibia.


Southwest National Parks
I couldn't just pick one National Park, I want to see them all!  Arches, Bryce, Grand Canyon, RMNP and many more are all high on my list of places to see.  Actually, it was supposed to be our vacation for this year - a roadtrip through the national parks, but life happened and Josh joined the Army, so we put it off.  I am planning to visit a friend of mine and her new baby in Arizona next year some time so maybe I'll be able to cross Grand Canyon off my list.

 
Vietnam 
Not very many Asian countries are on my list, but Vietnam is one Asian country that I have heard nothing but good things about.  Once I saw a photo of Ha Long Bay, I was hooked!  I've heard that the people are super friendly, the country is beautiful, and everyone who visits feels safe there.  I feel like this is the perfect Asian country for me to visit.

Are any of these places on your list?
Where would you love to travel?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design