Blogtember: Summer Favorites

Saturday, September 3, 2016


I absolutely cannot believe this summer is just about over.  I thought it would last forever since I would be getting my husband back at the end of August.  Thankfully, that wasn't the case, I don't think a summer has ever flown by so fast!   While work took up a lot of my time and I didn't get to do nearly the amount of fun things my sister and I had planned, it was still a great summer.


Visiting Josh in Williamsburg
I absolutely love Williamsburg and Busch Gardens.  I was so excited when Josh told me his AIT would be there because I could easily visit him once a month.   Honestly, I could have gone every weekend, but who can afford that?  I was able to walk around Williamsburg a few times and also explore other nearby areas such as Jamestown and Yorktown.  I really love this area and hope that we will be stationed there in the future.

 
Annapolis Dates
I took two trips to Annapolis this summer, once with my sister and once with my Eurotrip girls.  Even though it's only a 40 minute drive from my house, it had been so long since I'd been to Annapolis.  I really love the waterfront and the Naval Academy.  I really wanted to make an effort to see Britt and Meagan before I left, and Annapolis was a perfect halfway point between DC and Harford County. 


Multiple Beach Trips
My best friend lives in Arizona, but her parents live in Bethany Beach, DE.  Alex ended up staying with her parents for almost 2 months this summer, so I was able to visit in June and July.  It was great to take so many beach trips this summer because once we move, the closest body of water will be a lake.


   
Busch Gardens
We took a lot of trips to Busch Gardens this summer.  The travel theme and awesome roller coasters makes it one of my favorite parks! I went twice with Josh and once with my sister.  Josh and I also checked out Water Country USA, which we weren't super crazy about but it was still fun. 


Josh's AIT Graduation
Josh finally graduated from AIT at the end of August.  It's been a bit of an adjustment but I'm super happy to have him home. I'm super proud of him and everything that he accomplished while he was there.  I'm excited to get things started at our first duty station and finally get back into a groove.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design