Olympic Book Tag

Wednesday, August 31, 2016



Although I watched exactly none of the Olympics - I was a bit busy with work and trying to plan a move - I still really love Olympic time.  I was also super proud of those from my home state!  Maryland took home so many medals this year!  Anyway, when Kristen posted this book Olympics, I knew I had to do one myself!  This was so much fun to fill out, it was neat to look through all of the books I've read over the years!

*all links are to my reviews.


The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows


I loved every second of this book.  It captured me from the very first page and I flew through it!  This is one of those books I'd recommend to anyone, especially lovers of World War 2 historical fiction.  This is also one of the very few WW2 books that have ever made me laugh!  Just read it, you wont be sorry!


Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber


And this is another reason I love these kinds of book tags, I had completely forgotten about this book until I was scrolling through Goodreads trying to remember the road trip books I've read!  I read this book in one sitting and absolutely loved it.  It was funny and quirky and I just couldn't put it down. 


Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas

 
I really like and agree with Kristen's answer for this: No love triangle is a good love triangle! I always have a preference, and that makes me cranky at the author for even trying with the other one, it always feels so pointless. I know some people are like 'team this or that' but I have always been firmly in one team, normally the team the author wants you to be in, and I just don't give a crap about the other one. And then eventually when the other one dies, kills the main characters sister or falls in love with the main character's daughter and the main character gets angry - it just makes it feel so forced to me, like stop it, it was never in the running.

That being said, the only time I've ever thought 'oh crap, I don't know who I like, I like both of them!' was Throne of Glass. 


The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht


This book just jumped all over the place.  There was one part of the story that I really liked but I didn't really get how it tied into everything else.  This book was just really just a jumbled mess in my opinion, but maybe I just didn't get the connections like I was supposed to.  Who knows?


13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson


 I really loved this book because I read it when I was craving some travel.  This book takes place in, I think, six different countries over the course of one summer.   The main character really begins to learn about herself while experiencing the world.



The Enemy by Lee Child


I don't read a lot of books with a ton of bloodshed, but I'm fairly certain this one had a good bit.  I really enjoyed this book and have read a few other books by this author. 


Still Missing by Chevy Stevens


I wouldn't say this book had a ton of plot twist but it did have a few.  I am usually one who can predict what is going to happen in a book, but this one through me for a loop!  I highly recommend it to people who love a good mystery.


Me Before You by Jojo Moyes


It's not at all hard to make me cry, so this category was easy in the sense that I could have chosen from 100's of books.  I chose this one because it was the most recent to make me cry and also because it's now one of my all time favorites.


Cartwheel by Jennifer duBois


I literally thought this book was never going to end.  It was slow and boring and totally not worth the time.  Just don't read it.

Little House Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder


I absolutely loved this series and I actually still have all of them.   And yes, I watched the show.  I also really loved The Babysitters Club, The Bailey School Kids, and American Girl (Molly was my favorite).


The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein


This was a hard one for me.  I absolutely loved this book and cried like a baby several times while reading it.  I also really loved Where the Red Fern Grows, which was my first favorite book.   I don't know why I continue to read dog books, they always make me sob!


Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin


I have expressed my distaste for this book several times, but I really hated it and had a really hard time finishing it.  I hate cheating and cheaters so the entire premise of this book pissed me off to no end, and I had no clue that this is what the book was about or I never would have picked it up.  I think the only reason I powered through it was because I was reading it as part of a challenge.


Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling


Harry, Ron, and Hermione have a great friendship and will always be my favorite trio! 


Racing Savannah  Miranda Kenneally


Technically this book doesn't count because horse racing isn't an Olympic Sport.  But I'm using it because there are Equestrian sports in the Olympics.  I really loved all of Miranda Kenneally's books and even though they're young adult, I'd recommend them to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design