Newport News, Virginia

Wednesday, August 3, 2016


Fort Eustis is actually located south of Williamsburg in a town called Newport News.  There is nothing particularly thrilling in Newport News but there is a nice area called City Center that Josh and I enjoyed.

Josh loves the movie theater, Paragon, because they have the super comfy recliner seats.  I haven't had the pleasure of that movie experience yet.   When I went down in June, we found a restaurant that we really loved called Cove Tavern.  The inside was really nice, but it was a beautiful day so we decided to take advantage of the patio seating.   There is a man made pond (?) right in the center area of City Center and the patio looks right out onto it, which made for a great view.  Dinner was delicious and our server was literally the best ever.   Josh and I shared a crab dip appetizer which was surprisingly good and I had a seafood combo of Shrimp, Crab-cakes and Tilapia, which I highly recommend!  

After dinner, we just wandered around and looked at all the shops.  It was late so most of them were closed, but there were a few home decor shops that I would love to go back to! 

I'd definitely recommend stopping at City Center and Cove Tavern for dinner if you are ever in the Newport News area.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design