Book Reviews: June 2016

Tuesday, August 9, 2016


I am way behind on book reviews and I am majorly failing at reading right now, like I haven't finished a book since June.  But anyway, here are the books I read in June.


I'm really sad to say that even though I really enjoyed the Selection series, I was very disappointed in this book.  I just felt like nothing happened and there was no real plot.  I also felt like non of the characters changed or grew at all.  I don't really know what else to say except that I'm seriously sad that this book wasn't better - I had high hopes.  Don't let this deter you from reading the first three books, they were seriously amazing!
I gave this book a 2/5 on my GoodReads.


This was the hardest book of the series for me to get through at first, but then it got really good.  There were a lot of new characters introduced and a lot of places were mentioned so my brain got a bit jumbled at times.  However, I still love this series and the last 150 pages or so made up for the slow parts! A lot of things happened that really set up the next book!  I've heard the next book is amazing and can't wait to read it!
I gave this book a 4/5 on my Goodreads.


I read this book as part of a blogger book club.  I was excited about this book because I had heard really good things about it, but I'm sad to say I was really disappointed.  I really didn't like Beck which made it hard for me to feel bad for her, she seriously annoyed me.  I also didn't like the fact that the book was written in present tense, it got old really quick and so did the fact that he was talking to Beck the whole time.   I also felt like there was really no plot, he stalked her ... moving on?  I really wouldn't recommend this book.
I gave this book a 2/5 on my GoodReads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design