TBT: Anniversary Trip To DC

Thursday, February 11, 2016

 
August 22nd is mine and Josh's dating anniversary.  For our first anniversary in 2011 we had planned a whole weekend away, but Josh needed to get a new phone because his got wet/ruined.  So, we decided to just do D.C. to save some money.  D.C. is one of my favorite places on earth!  Since we live only about 1.5 hours away, so we usually go about 3 to 4 times per year.  Usually, we park my car at greenbelt station and take the metro into the city.


Our first stop in D.C. was the National Zoo.  My opinion on Zoo's has change a lot since this trip,  but on this trip we really enjoyed our time here.  I'm pretty sure it was Josh's first time at the National Zoo.









The Prairie Dogs are always my favorite to watch!  I think they are the cutest things ever and I wish I could take one home with me!


When we left the zoo we saw a few deer right across from us!!





When we finished at the zoo we decided to get lunch in the area but we didn't want to get lunch at the zoo because it is super expensive!  So, we stopped at this little Irish bar in Cleveland Park and got some lunch.  It was delicious!  I got a burger (pre-vegetarian days) with mac and cheese and Josh got a chili burger.


Our next stop was Arlington.  I had been to D.C. 4182394812 times and had never seen the Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington, so that is where we headed. It was incredible and huge!  I love the movie "Flags of our Fathers" and really anything WW2 related, so seeing this monument was really neat for me.




Our last stop of the day was the monuments.  I didn't really take pictures because I have been here a lot but I did take a few of my favorite, the World War 2 Memorial.  We ended up having a really great day and I'm glad we ended up in DC.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design