Life Update: January

Thursday, February 4, 2016


Oh January, you have not been very nice to me.  This is going to be the monthly recap in which I complain a lot.  

The first few weeks actually went fairly well.  Josh made it to basic training safely, there were a few bumps in the road at reception but he made it, he's safe, and he's doing well - that's all that matters.  And on the bright side, I got to talk to him on the phone every day while he was in reception.  I've also received two letters from him since he's been at basic and it seems like he is doing really well.  There are a few things that he did this last week that he seemed very excited about in his letters.  I have been doing the online AFTB online training and learning more about the Army, which has been helpful for me.  I also really love that each company has a facebook page, so I can keep up with what he is doing each week!


My bad luck started the day before we got a big snowstorm.  I've been driving Josh's car once a week just to keep it running a bit.  I wanted to put a full tank of gas in it before the snowstorm so I went to start it and it was making the cranking noise which usually indicates that the battery is dead.  My Dad and I jumped it and I let it sit for a while before going to Wawa for gas.  The damn thing wouldn't start at Wawa. So my Dad came down to Wawa where we had to push the car away from the pumps and jump it again.  I tried it the next morning and it wouldn't start so his car will be getting a new battery soon.

Then, the night that the storm started I wanted to get everything done that involved electricity (washing dishes) and I wanted to take out all of the trash since I knew my trashcans would be covered once the snow started.  Well I did the dishes and went under the sink to grab a trash bag and everything was wet.  I ran my sink and realized that my garbage disposal was leaking.  I called my landlord but there was nothing he could do at the moment because of the snow.  He did get there on Wednesday but meanwhile there was a gross smell in my kitchen.  

Then the snowstorm.  Oh what fun that was.  The snow stopped sometime between when I went to bed on Saturday and when I woke up Sunday; 30 inches of snow total.  We didn't see a snowplow until Tuesday night.  Needless to say, my street was pissed.  We ended up doing everything ourselves with snowblowers and shovels.  I was out there for 16 hours between Sunday and Monday.  There's a lot more to this story but we'd be here all day. 


Then when I got back to work a filing cabinet attacked me so I now have a black and blue knee.  And to end my month, my tire got destroyed on the 29th.   There are pieces of an old train track that I have to drive over to get to 95 from my work and there is no way around them.  The left side is better so usually I just cut over there while I'm going over the tracks.  Since there was a truck coming down that way, I had to stay in my own lane, so I slowed way down to go over the tracks on the right.   Well something caught my tire and destroyed it.  Luckily I was able to make it to NTB for a new tire without having to call a tow truck.

Obviously, things could be worse but it really did seem like these last few weeks were one thing after another.   For February, I am going to concentrate all of my energy on studying for my Personal Trainer exam and working all the overtime that I can because, why not? 

Hopefully I will have a nicer template and more organized way of sharing my monthly updates in February, but I just didn't have time for that this month because I just read about Kristen and Gretchen's Link-Up and wanted to have this post done in time. 

Speaking of blogging - I am actually pretty impressed with myself!  I didn't think I'd post much this month because of work but I posted a few times each week.  Mostly it has been book reviews,  but I'm OK with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design