Mid-Month Update

Tuesday, February 16, 2016



* Normally I only do these updates once per month but I have a few changes on the blog that I want to share and I don't want to wait until next month to share these things.  (Also, I am writing this on Valentines day and everyone seeing Deadpool is making me super jealous, so I am trying to ignore them).

* I wrote this post last week about the shooting of two Sheriffs Deputies in my town. Their names have been released since I wrote that post and I hope that you'll keep their children and their families in your thoughts. Deputies Patrick Dailey and Mark Logsdon died serving the people of Harford County, and their sacrifice and service has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated.  It's been so inspirational to see the county (and State) really come together and support the HCSO during this time.  It's also been so encouraging to see our Governor, Larry Hogan, supporting the HCSO and personally coming to their offices and offering his condolences and help.  That is true leadership.  And this community has definitely reminded me what community is all about.


* When I restarted this blog, I had originally planned on doing posts about specific things that I had done that are on my Bucket List board on Pinterest.  However, the more I thought about it, the more it just didn't make sense to do that.  So, I am still keeping my Bucket List tab, but now I am just adding the little photo to the bottom of the post it applies to and writing that this was a bucket list item.  Here is an Example.  So go check that out if you so desire.  I think I'm completely caught up on what I've already posted about.

* As everyone is aware (I hope), it is an election year and the debates are starting to get heated.  I'm usually not very political on this blog but in real life ... lets just say I have a lot of opinions.  Lately, I have become a bit obsessed with keeping up with all things elections because I think this is going to be one of the most important elections in our country's history (if not the most important).   I am a Republican - I make no secret of that.  I will lean a little left on social issues such as gay marriage, but for the things I consider most important such as National Security and Economics I am 100% right wing.  I also make no secret about the fact that I support Marco Rubio.  The point of this is that every Tuesday (appropriate, I think) I will be getting a little political on the blog.  I will post about why I support Marco Rubio and what my opinions are on certain issues.  I'm going to say this now and I'll probably repeat it on each post; I will not be name calling and being a dick about my opinions so I expect everyone who decides to comment on this series to be respectful of me or any other commenters.  I'm writing this series because it's something that interests me, not because I want to fight with people.  That's not to say don't disagree with me, just be an adult about it.  My hope through this is to maybe educate people a little bit about the issues.  Not everyone likes to watch debates, so if I reach you through this blog and get you thinking, even if you don't agree with my opinion, I'm happy with that.  If I turn anyone into a Rubio supporter, well that's just a bonus ;)


*  I only have March and February 2015 book reviews left to do and then I will be all caught up.  From then on, I will only be doing book reviews once per month (maybe twice depending on how much I read).  I'm kind of sad about it but trying to review each book individually just didn't work for me. 

* I think on Thursdays I am going to start doing Throwback Thursday, Travel Edition.  I have so many past travels that I want to share so I think I'm going to designate Thursdays to that (I actually kind of started that this past Thursday).  Since Josh will be living in the Williamsburg area in Virginia for a few months starting in March, and I will be able to visit (!!) I figured I'd start out with throwing back to our Virginia Vacation back in 2013.  

* I think that's all that I have for today!  I'm really excited to start being a bit more consistent with what I post on the blog, at least on some days.  Hopefully between that and the link-ups I can keep this blog going and growing! :)  Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design