What's New, January

Thursday, February 7, 2019


January is by far my least favorite month of the year.  It actually started off OK.  I worked a lot in anticipation of starting school and cutting my work hours.  I'm glad I worked all of those hours because the weather decided to go nuts during the first week of school and I ended up only working one shift!  The last 2 weeks of January we got somewhere in the ballpark of 6 feet of snow.  My dogs are loving it, but me and my wallet are not!

The week before school started I learned that you can rent books from amazon which saved me a ton of money!  One of the classes ended up requiring us to purchase a code to do computer work which sucked, but it is what it is.

Josh was in Colorado for two weeks for Army stuff.  I was only a tad bit jealous.  During that time the dogs decided to become stage 5 clingers!  Especially Bolt.  My poor Bolt Bug has been through many deployments and trainings and he gets a bit more clingy each time Josh leaves.  Belle will experience her first deployment this fall.  She's Daddy's girl so I'm not looking forward to that.


We got a little bit of snow while Josh was gone so I decided to have myself a Harry Potter marathon that day.  That checked something off my 101 in 1001 list and I got to have a lazy day off - that's a win in my book.

Last year my sister and I attended Bookcon in NYC for the first time.  We weren't planning on going this year, but since we're hoping for a move once Josh gets home from deployment, we probably wont be able to go next year.  We bought our tickets and Booked our hotel at the beginning of January.  We wanted to stay at the same hotel as last year but it was already booked, but we're pretty happy with our new hotel.  We decided to stay for two nights this time because we ended up missing some panels last year due to our bus driver driving like an old lady.   I also booked our hotel for my friend Heather's wedding in May!  I'm so excited for the wedding and to see friends I haven't seen in a while.


That is pretty much my entire January.  Work, Snow, School, Repeat.   Hopefully things will start getting a little more exciting around here after winter is over.  I really hate the winters here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design