Tug Hill Vineyards

Friday, May 5, 2017


As far as birthday's go, my 28th was pretty darn good!  My birthday was on April 27th and with Josh being gone, I wasn't making a big deal out of this birthday at all.  I didn't even tell anyone up here about it and I wasn't planning to.  I accidentally slipped up to my two friends at work, on Tuesday.  Turns out they both had off in the afternoon on my birthday.   By some miracle I had the day off from both jobs (without asking) and it was about 80 degrees that day!  It was seriously the perfect day, weather wise.

I spent the morning cleaning the house because I am always more motivated to clean when I can have the windows open (weirdest thing ever).  Around 130 I got myself ready and headed to my friends house around 230.   I had decided that I wanted to check out Tug Hill Vineyards because the wines looked right up my alley.  Of course, it wouldn't be me if we didn't get lost at least once (though this time I wasn't driving).  We ended up on some random road that turned into a one lane dirt road, so we stopped to ask for directions and were told that if we'd gone any farther we'd probably have ended up in this huge pot hole!   Luckily we got on the right track after that! 

We got to the vineyard around 330 and we were the only ones there!  The girl who did our wine tasting was awesome, we were a bit hyper when we got there and she was such a great sport (and she was right around our age so that helped).   I'll list my favorite wines at the end of the post, but if you love sweet wines or fruit wines, this is definitely the place for you!  I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!  Once we finished our tasting and picked out the wines we wanted (they each bought me a bottle <3 ) we each got a glass and went out onto the porch to hang out.  We were told that they were going to have live music and food a little later, so we decided to stick around. We sat outside talking for hours!  3 glasses of wine later, we made our way inside for some food and live music!  It was so great!  I'm so glad I met these girls, and even though they're both leaving me, I'm glad we all to to be friends for at least a little while!

Tug Hill is definitely my new favorite Vineyard.  The wines are amazing, and the atmosphere can't be beat!  I can't wait to take friends and family from MD to this place, it'll definitely be one of my go-to's!  I also can't wait to see it when the trees and flowers finally start to bloom!

Favorite Wines:
Bubbly Brianna
Raspberry Rhapsody
Strawberry Rhubarb
Tail Light Red
Black Ice

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design