Book Reviews: April

Monday, May 15, 2017


I finally got back into reading a bit more and even crossed a few states off for my 50 States Reading Challenge. I discovered the MWR Digital Library and went a bit crazy!


I think this one wins for most hated book I've ever read.  The only reason I even finished it is because I couldn't find any other book I wanted to read set in Iowa.   This book was dull, I hated all of the characters, and the writing was super boring.   Also, talk about way over descriptive, holy shit!  She probably could have cut 100 pages out of this book if she left out all the unnecessary descriptions of stupid stuff!  I hated it so much, and I definitely don't recommend it.

I gave this book a 1/5 on my GoodReads


 This book was just what I needed to get back into reading. It wasn't a great book and I often found the main character to be annoying (what 14 year old girl isn't?) but it was light and easy to read which was what I needed.  It kinda reminded me a bit of mean girls but not quite to that extent.  I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend this book, but it was what I needed to get out of my reading rut - and I crossed Kentucky off my list for my 50 States Challenge.

I gave this book a 3/5 on my GoodReads.


I read this book in one day even with work!  It wasn't as suspenseful as I thought since things were revealed throughout the novel, but I still really wanted to find out what happened to Grace.  You find out slowly how things got to the point where Grace was trapped and why she was trapped and I think that is what really gets people hooked.  I highly recommend this book!

I gave this book a 4/5 on my GoodReads.


I liked this book way more than I was expecting to.  It was seriously a romantic comedy in book form, and lord knows I love a good romantic comedy!  My favorite part was the characters constant banter, and I also like that, while there was conflict, it wasn't too angsty.  Definitely my favorite read of the month! 

I gave this book a 5/5 on my GoodReads.


I have mixed feelings about this book, but overall, I really enjoyed it.  I really liked seeing the main character become more independent and more confident.  There were a few parts that were just a tad unbelievable and a few parts that were just in there for drama and that could have been left out.   I really enjoyed the European scenery and I loved the people Aubree was traveling with!  I seriously found my self laughing out loud and crying my eyes out at different points in the book.  If you like "coming of age" stories or travel stories, I'd recommend this book. 

I gave this book a 4/5 on my GoodReads.


This book made me really nostalgic! It takes place right out side of Florence and there were times I felt like I was back in Italy.  I really enjoyed following Lina's journey in Italy and learning more about her Mom.   There were some parts that were a bit too cheesey for my liking, but overall, I enjoyed this book.

I gave this book a 4/5 on my GoodReads


Meh.  I really liked parts of this book and really didn't like other parts.  I feel like it had a lot of potential that it just didn't live up to.  I don't really know what else to say without spoiling it.  It passed the time fine and it wasn't an awful book but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it. 

I gave this book a 3/5 on my GoodReads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design