Cheer's to Military Spouses!

Friday, May 12, 2017


I am so excited to participate in this link-up this year!  I saw it last year but didn't participate because my husband was still in AIT and I didn't really feel that connected to Military life yet.  I've learned a lot in the last year and a half and I'm so excited to share my experience.

//Tell us about yourself and your blog.
Hi! I'm Jenn!  I am 28 years old and I am a lover of travel, books, vegetarian food and my Shepherd/Husky mix, Bolt. I currently live in the Frozen Tundra that is Fort Drum, NY.  I blog about pretty much anything from our journey to being debt free, to books, to travel, to life in New York. 

//What branch of military are you affiliated with?
The Army - my husband works on helicopters, which I think is pretty cool! 

//What is one thing you enjoy about the military lifestyle?
As much as I don't really like Northern NY because of the weather (it's 40 degrees while I'm writing this ... IN MAY!), I do like the opportunity to move new places and experience new things.  I know I'm not going to like every place that we move, but I am going to take advantage of the travel opportunities each one affords.  I mean, when am I ever going to live 30 minutes from Canada again?  And when am I going to live around such great wine again?


//What advice would you give other spouses who are new?
Get a job when you get to your new duty station, either that or find some where to volunteer.  Even if it's super part time.  I find that when I'm thrown into something like that, it is way easier to meet people and make friends.  If it wasn't for my job, I would literally know one person.  Two of my closest friends are girls I met at work.

//Where have you been stationed?
We are currently at Fort Drum in New York, which is our first duty station.  I have experience with Fort Eustis because my husband did 6 months of AIT there and I visited often.

//Do you work, go to school, volunteer, or stay home? 
 Due to my husband being deployed and us attacking our debt, I actually work two jobs.   As I said before, I enjoy working and got a job as soon as we got here.  It's definitely helped with keeping busy while he's gone.  There are days when all I do is walk Bolt, eat, work, come home, walk Bolt again, and go to the next job.   Sometimes it's exhausting but I'm seeing major progress in our debt snowball and it gives me less time to dwell on my husband being gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design