2017 Goals: March/April

Wednesday, May 3, 2017


These months were a bit of a fail on the goals.  This was an odd month for me and I've found that finding any kind of routine when you don't have set work schedules really sucks.

1. Switch to a Vegan Diet
I'm pretty much in the same spot that I was during my last update.  I haven't really made progress but I also haven't regressed.  My main issue is finding the time (and ingredients) to try new meals.  I'm not putting too much pressure on myself with this one, I'm fine with where I am and I'll keep adding new foods as I see fit.

2. Focus On My Health
Once again, this was a major fail as far as working out goes.  Getting into a routine has been a bit more difficult than I anticipated!  I now work two jobs and don't have a set schedule with either job.  I have been eating much healthier though, and have been making a grocery list so I don't forget stuff or buy stuff I already have (this was a major issue before).  I have also been consistently waking up between 7:30 and 8 most days.  I'd like to start waking up closer to 7, but I'm good with this for now.

3.  Focus on Bolts Training
This is one big WIN!  At the beginning of April, I scheduled a training session with a trainer at Click to Zen in Evans Mills.  I had heard good things about this place and decided to give it a try.  The first session is a consultation and is 1.5 hours long.  Then you figure things out from there, it's not a package where you come the same time each week for six weeks or something.  This actually worked way better for me because trying to get off from both jobs is not easy.   We had our consultation and it was a huge success! I actually saw progress while we were in the session and I've built on that at home.  We're doing really well right now and I plan to continue at home for a month and revisit the idea of a second session some time in June.

4.  Photo 365 on Instagram
Meh. I didn't do too well on this one this month.  Probably because I feel like all I do is go to the dog park and work.  Hopefully it will be easier to get some great pictures now that the weather is starting to get better. I didn't completely fail, though, and I'm pretty sure I got pictures for at least half of the days this month. And by get better I mean its in the 50's ... I hate you, New York.

5.  No Spend Year
I really feel like I should just take this one off, but I'm not going to.  This has been a fail mostly because the Army makes my husband spend so much money ... it's a little stupid.  I will say that my spending sucked a little bit just because I bought a bunch of snacks from work, and a few CD's (Ed Sheeran and Brantley Gilbert).  I also bought 2 LulaRoe items but those were Josh's birthday/anniversary gifts to me.

6.  Finish the 50 States Challenge
I finally made some progress on this one.  I read A Thousand Acres which took place in Iowa, The Queen of Kentucky which took place in Kentucky, and Love Letters to the Dead which took place in New Mexico.  Reviews for all will be up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design