101 in 1001: May Update

Wednesday, May 17, 2017


I've missed the last few updates because I haven't really been focusing on this list for the last few months.  It's hard to get motivated to get out and do things when it's super cold and snowy.  However, the weather is beautiful now and I have some visitors coming, so hopefully we can cross some things off this list! 

Completed

Meet at least one blog friend in person: I am happy to say that I've completed this one!  We didn't really hang out this day but I saw that Melissa from Loving Life Moore, was selling a patio set and I really needed one, so I met her when I went to pick that up.  She is super sweet in person, and I am in love with her bionic dog!  Hoping to get together soon and actually hang out!

In Progress

Put together a financial plan and stick to it: We're working really hard on this one!  We are having a hard time putting a budget together (which I explain in my next financial update on Friday), but we have been paying off debt so I can't complain too much.  I also have a plan written out for when to have each baby step completed, so in that regard, this is a win!

Pay off one student loan:  I am currently working on a personal loan but the first student loan comes after that.  If we stick to the plan that I have laid out, we this first student loan paid off by the end of the year, or at the end of January at worst.

Do the declutter challenge: I am not doing the challenge that I had originally wanted to do, but lately I have been decluttering the crap out of my house (more details in my next financial update).  I have gotten rid of so much stuff, I'm just not using the exact steps in the plan that I found back in 2015.

Finish the 50 States Reading Challenge:  I have crossed off three states: Kentucky, Iowa, and New Mexico (check out my book review post).  I only have 20 to go, so this should be fairly easy to finish by the end date.

Visit at least 10 new vineyards in New York:  I visited Tug Hill Vineyards on my birthday which brings me up to 3 wineries.   My friend Heather is visiting in June and we plan to check out a few other wineries, so hopefully I'll have made some good progress on this one by the next check-in.

Visit at least 1 new country:  Without going into too much detail, there is a 90% chance we will be getting a big chunk of change at the end of this deployment.  A lot of that will go into our debt snowball, but Josh really needs a vacation, so we figured we'd check out some shorter cruises.  There is one to Cuba and The Bahamas that we really want to do.  Cuba would be a new country for both of us, and one I've wanted to go to for a long time!

Go on another cruise:  See Above.

Not Happening

Double savings again by the end date:  Because we are doing Dave Ramsey's baby steps we will keep $1000 in savings and leave it at that until we pay off all of our debt.  As much as I would love to, we will not be paying our debt off by time this challenge is over, so this will definitely not be happening.

Get my ACE Personal Trainer certification:  Goals have changed and this is just not a priority anymore.  Especially since it's looking like I may get to go back to school way sooner than I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design