Zaragoza, Spain

Tuesday, January 31, 2017


To be completely honest, I don't really remember much about Zaragoza.  It was a short stop on our way from Barcelona to Madrid.  What I do remember, and the only thing I have pictures of is Aljaferia Palace.  Aljaferia Palace dates back to the 11th century and is actually an Islamic Palace. The structure holds unique importance in that it is the only conserved testimony of a large building of Spanish Islamic architecture of the era of the Taifas (independent kingdoms) (source).

As I said, I don't remember much about our time in Zaragoza, but I do remember that I really enjoyed touring the Palace.  If we did anything else in Zaragoza, I don't remember it.  I kick myself all the time for not writing in my journal while we were in Spain!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design