Life Update: December

Monday, January 16, 2017


December was one of those months where it felt like it flew by but dragged on at the same time.  I spent a lot of time at work (including Christmas) and it was way harder than I thought, not being at home for Christmas.

Josh and I spent the first Saturday doing some local Christmas things.  We went to a Christmas market at Thousand Island Winery, which was not as great as we thought it would be.  But the mulled wines and other wines we tasted made the trip totally worth it! 

Earlier in the month, I applied for a job with my old company.  Unfortunately, I didn't get an interview.  I have a pretty strong feeling its because I have a Fort Drum address since I'm way more than qualified for the position and I left the company on great terms.   It's a bit of a bummer, but such is Military life.  There is a job fair at the end of the month which I am planning to attend, so we'll see. 

The second weekend of the month, I went down to Maryland for the annual Hanlon Family Christmas Dinner.  My Dad's side has been doing this for 30 some years and I love going and seeing family every year.  The dinner was on Sunday, so I headed down on Friday after work.   I spent Saturday hanging out with my Mama and watching season 2 of Fuller House with her.   It was just what I needed after spending 7 hours in the car on Friday.

This years dinner was held at a local golf club called Mountain Branch.  It was really great.  I did have some issues because it was buffet style and the only things I could eat were rolls, potatoes, and green beans; everything else had meat in it :(  but it was a good time and it was great to see people that I don't get to see often.


At some point in the middle of the month we got a pretty good snowstorm.  I was at work when it started so I had to drive home in it.  Talk about the most terrifying drive ever!  It took me an hour and a half to make the normally 20 minute drive home. I don't think I went over 20 mph.  It was so bad.  The snow up here is no joke!   Needless to say, I called out during the next storm!

I feel like the rest of my month was just work, work, work.  I even worked on Christmas Eve and Christmas (not by choice).  How did I choose to work at the one restaurant that is open on Christmas?  In my defense, I had no idea and they didn't bother to tell me in the interview.

Since I had to work at night on Christmas, Josh and I had some of the guys from his unit over for a lunch.  We made Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, and Rolls.  Not much but it was better than them staying at the barracks.   Bolt was super excited to make some new friends!

Our New Years Eve was very exciting.  I worked in the morning and then we spent the evening reading and watching Chicago PD.  I know, we lead exciting lives!  We watched the ball drop and then went to bed.   It's OK to be jealous ;)

 It's official, I have completed one full year of monthly Life Updates!!  I'm honestly shocked, I really didn't think I'd keep up with it!  Even if it was the only post I put up that month, I made sure to get each one posted!   I don't know if I'll continue it this year or not, but it was nice looking back on all the updates and remembering all the great things that happened this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design