101 in 1001: 2017 Goals

Thursday, January 5, 2017


Along with my other goals for the year, I hope to check some things of my 101 in 1001 list in 2017.   The official end date for this challenge for me is August 2018, so I'd like to knock a good bit of the list out in 2017.   These are the things I really hope to accomplish in 2017:

1. Put together a financial plan and stick to it.
I bought David Ramsey's book "Total Money Makeover".  Everyone I've talked to about it said it's extremely helpful and they can't recommend it enough.  I'll be reading the book in January and watching our finances in February.  This will be a bit hard to do until March because things will change when Josh goes to Europe.  So, this one may have to wait till March or April, but it will happen.  We have a lot of plans and we don't want to be wasting money.

2.  Finish the 50 States reading challenge.
You can read all about that here.

3.  1/2 of the NY/Fort Drum list
I divided my list up into categories and one of those was NY/Fort Drum.  There are a bunch of things on that list and I'd like to knock out about half this year.  Where I go and what I do will depend a lot on work and how many visitors I have and where they want to go.

4.  Visit Farm Sanctuary
Since I am switching to a vegan diet this year, I really want to make this a priority.  Farm Sanctuary is located in Watkins Glen which is about 2.5 hours from Drum.  I really think this will help me a lot and really motivate me.  I can't wait to love on some rescued animals and meet the amazing people who work with them.

5.  Visit Ottawa 
Ottawa (Canada) is only a 2 hour drive from us, so this is definitely happening.  Josh and I were going to go when we first moved to NY, but it ended up being a crap day and then we adopted the dog and didn't want to leave him for that long since we didn't know how he'd be.

6.  Visit at least 1 new country & Go on another cruise (on a new cruise line)
Josh and I are going to be saving for a cruise that we will take when he gets back from Germany.  We're really hoping to be able to do a new years cruise and we're looking at Norwegian Cruise Line.  We'll most likely be on the cruise before 2018 but depending on the itinerary, we may not set foot in new country until 2018.  However, as long as the cruise is booked and we're going, I'm counting it as a success.


Are you doing the 101 in 1001 challenge?  What do you hope to accomplish this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design