Book Review: December 2015 (pt. 2)

Friday, January 15, 2016


Yesterday, I reviewed the first 5 books that I read in December 2015.  Today, I have reviews for the last four books I read in December.


I read this book and the one below as part of the SCWBC (same title, different author).  Someone else posted these books and they sounded better than any of the other combos that I had seen.  I'm glad I went with them because I loved this book.  It was so cute and quirky and out there that I just couldn't bring myself to put it down - really, I read it in 3 hours.  This is such a great feel-good Christmas story for the holidays and I'm so glad I read it. It's no masterpiece, but it's just the kind of lighthearted story I needed at the time.
I gave this book a 4/5 on my GoodReads.


 I'm a little undecided about this book.  It was an easy read and it was cute and all but it wasn't really my taste.  When I read a mystery I like a real mystery.  I know it was supposed to be this way but the bad guys were a bit to quirky and the whole story was a bit out there.  I feel like it was a bit childish and the bad guys weren't really that scary.  Maybe I'm a snob but this book just wasn't for me.
I gave this book a 2/5 on my GoodReads.


This book was just OK. Nothing spectacular happens and the characters were just OK to me.  It was enjoyable to read but not really all that exciting or anything.  I did like that the characters and the events of this book are very realistic, and I liked the recipes she added.  The book was fine but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it.
I gave this book a 3/5 on my GoodReads.


If you look back at the books I've read, you'll see that I am a fan of Sarah Addison Allen.  I love how she mixes real life with a bit of subtle magic. This book was no different and may have weaseled it's way up to second favorite (Gardens Spells will always win).  I loved this story, I loved the main characters, and I loved one of the characters "magics"!  I would highly recommend this book to anyone but especially those who like southern literature!
I gave this book a 4/5 on my GoodReads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design