Book Reviews: September-November

Monday, January 7, 2019


I was in a hardcore reading rut from September to the end of December. I don't know what happened but I just could not focus on anything to save my life!  These are the few books I read from September to November.


I'm glad I read this as an adult rather than as a requirement for school. The plot is simple, the humor is morbid, and half the time I didn't know whether to laugh or cry because I can see certain things happening now in our world. Terrifying, funny, and worth reading. 
(4/5) 


There were definitely some things that annoyed me in this book, but overall it was a quick read with a good message and I really enjoyed it.   *I was fortunate enough to meet the author at book con and received a signed copy of Stay Sweet.  
(4/5)


  I really enjoyed the first half of this book. I love reading books written in letter format. I really enjoyed getting to know the characters that way. Then the second half of the book was written like a regular book. That's when it started to go downhill for me. The main characters lack of self esteem was obnoxious and the author probably could have cut out over 100 pages if she stopped repeating the same basic sentence over and over and over again, just in different words. I probably would have loved this book if it stayed in letter format. Fans of Mariana Zapata would still probably love this book, so I'd give it a try. But for me it just fell flat.
(3/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design