Book Reviews: August

Friday, January 4, 2019


Just getting to my August book reviews.  This is sad.  But After reading the last book in August I kind of fell into a reading rut and didn't even feel like writing reviews.  So today I'm sharing what I read in August and Monday I'll share what I read in September - November.


LOVE!  These books just keep getting better and better!  I think this was my favorite of the series so far! I loved that it was more action packed and I really liked the ending!  I can't wait to pick up the next book and meet the newest characters.
4/5


I received a signed ARC of this book from the I Read YA event at BookCon
This book was meant for a younger audience (middle grade) so I was really surprised by how much I liked it and how easy it was to stay interested.  To be honest, Victoria Schwab could probably make an elementary novel an enjoyable read - she's such a great writer.  City of Ghosts was a well written, well developed story and I loved the characters. I also really like the idea of someone who can go "between the worlds".  Even though its way young for me, I'll probably still read the next book when it comes out - it is definitely a story that can be enjoyed by all ages.
4/5


 Worth reading for a better understanding of Levana.  It really helps things tie together when you read Winter.  Definitely not the best in the series but I'd still recommend it.
(3/5)


Meh. This is the book that put me in a reading rut for the second half of 2018. The main character was annoying AF, the supporting characters fell flat, and the plot was only mildly entertaining. The only reason I pushed through was my curiosity. Looking back a few months after reading this I'm not even sure why I gave it three stars. Just not my type of book.
(3/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design