101 in 1001: Fitness/Health

Tuesday, June 26, 2018


Last 101 post, I promise! I have some PCS goals, too but I don't feel like those need any elaboration, so this is it.  These are my health and fitness goals.  I've gotten really out of shape this winter and really want to change that.  I also miss hiking and really want to get back to it so hopefully these help.

Learn to hold a handstand
 
I could do a handstand when I was younger and I actually had some success in 2016 at the beach, but in general it is a skill that I totally lost.  This one kind of ties in with some yoga goals, but I really want to be able to do a hand stand and hold it for at least 10 seconds.

Complete a Walk to Mordor challenge
 This is another goal that I found on the Day Zero website and I thought it looked fun.  The goal is to walk 1779 miles "from the Shire to Mordor" in your own neighborhood or parks etc.   They calculate that if you walk 3 miles every other day that it can be done in 20 weeks (4.5 months), but I think I'm going to challenge myself to complete it in half that time.

Hike in the Adirondacks
 If I calculated correctly, we can be in the Adirondacks in about 1.5 hours.   Now, the part I really want to go to is a little bit farther than that, but still a doable day trip, especially if we take the dogs like I want to.   I'd like to do more than one hike, but I'll take whatever I can get. 

Hike with the dogs once per week
This is, of course, a summer goal and also weather permitting.  The pups LOVE to go for walks and love going in the buh-bye car because that usually means that we are going somewhere fun.  I'd like to get out and find some new trails and go back to some old ones this summer. 

Get a massage
 
It just needs to happen.

Complete a 30 day yoga challenge
 
I love Yoga and I was doing it all the time when there was a night class at the gym.  But the instructor PCS'd and now there is only AM classes.  I really want to find an app that has a 30 day program and just do it at home on my own time. 


Use my fit-bit to track my activity for 3 months
I've actually already started this one!  I'm currently doing Isagenix (and I don't plan to stop!) and the Isa App connects with my fit-bit app to give me a more accurate idea of my calories in vs calories out.  I really want to continue to track my activity and really work on getting my steps above 10,000 at least 4 to 5 days per week. 

{Find a workout schedule that works for me, Keep that schedule for 6 months} 
 With my work schedule, finding the time to work out is a bit difficult.  I really want to write up two schedules for each day - one for if I do work on that day and one for if I don't.  That way I always know when to work out and what I'll be doing each day as soon as my work schedules are published.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design