Getting Out of Debt: Motivation

Monday, April 9, 2018


I've been working on getting out of debt for almost a year!  That's so hard for me to believe!  We're almost finished paying off debt #3 of 6 and I'm so excited about it!  I have a lot of things motivating me but these are a few of the biggest motivators (besides travel).  These are the things that keep me going.

1.  Debt is friggin' annoying
I mean, lets be real here.  No one likes making payments, and no one likes when half of their paycheck goes out the window the second it hits the account.   Its annoying and frustrating and I'm over it.  Simple as that.

2. Having to work multiple jobs that I hate
I've been working two jobs pretty much since we got to Fort Drum.  I lucked out with Friday's - there are definitely things I don't like, but I've met some great people working there and we have a good time.  However, I haven't liked any of my other jobs for one reason or another.  The first one was mind numbingly boring, the second one was management, and the one I'm at now is my coworkers constant negativity and drama.  I can't wait to only work one job and be able to take the time to find a job I actually enjoy.  I'd be perfectly happy right now if I could just work at Friday's, but I need two jobs to knock out this debt.

3. Having no money when you make plenty
We've always made enough money for us to live comfortably and have extra, but having all these payments makes it seem like we hardly make any money.   I want to be able to use my money for things like retirement, travel, and general fun things.  I want to be able to save cash and buy a car without paying extra in interest.  I want to be able to make my money work for me instead of flying out the window.

4. Being able to buy a house after the military 
This is the biggest one for both of us.  We're already ready to own our own home and we still have 3.5 years left in the Army!   When Josh gets out we plan to rent for a year to make sure we like the area we choose to live in and to make sure we have good, secure jobs.   After that, we want to buy something we could live in forever.  We want to put 20% down at the very least.  Once we're debt free, we can start saving, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design