Book Reviews: February 2017

Friday, March 3, 2017


I don't normally read non-fiction books, but this month was the month of non-fiction.  I'm really glad I read each of these books, though.  I feel like I learned a lot.


LOOOOVE!  I really needed this.  I have been wanting to do something about my student loans for a while.  As you can tell by all of my recent financial posts I am following Dave Ramsey's seven steps.   I really like how he explains each step in detail and gives good logical reasons why it should be done this way.  And I know that it's basically a way to market his plan, I did love reading the success stories from different people.  This was a huge motivator for me and I highly recommend this to anyone looking to get out of debt no matter how large or small those debts might be.

I gave this book a 5/5 on my GoodReads


This book was a bit weird for me.  I found some of it to be really helpful and some of it to be a bit silly.   I don't think inanimate objects have feelings and since I'm not a particularly emotional person, I'm not going to choose what I keep based on a feeling.  I did like the advice on getting rid of stuff by category and I did like the illustrations of how to fold clothes.  If you can get past the author and how neurotic she sounds, it can be helpful.  I don't know that I'd go out of my way to recommend it though.

I gave this book a 3/5 on my GoodReads.


While I didn't find this book as useful as Total Money Makeover, I did learn a few things.  I'm not very knowledgeable about investing so this helped a lot as far as giving me a place to start.  I also learned a lot more about interest and bank math, which sadly, I didn't really know much about.  If I had read this book at a different time, I may not have liked it as much but for me it added fuel to the fire, reading it after reading Total Money Makeover.   I would definitely recommend reading this book.

I gave this book a 4/5 on my GoodReads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design