2017 Goals: February

Tuesday, March 7, 2017


Can't say I got much done on the goals front this month.  It's been stressful between the new job and preparing for Josh to leave, plus there was a last minute trip home in there.  Hopefully March will be better once I get settled into a routine and get used to this new job.

1.  Switch to a Vegan Diet
I didn't really make any progress with this but I'm also happy to report that I haven't regressed either.   I'm still eating Vegan dinners, and when I bother to eat breakfast (I know) I eat a vegan breakfast.  Lunch is the only one I'm working on.  I'm pretty good with that for now.  Over the next few months I plan to play around a bit with my meals.  I have a few meals that are my go-to's but I want to try a few new things for breakfast and dinner before I focus on lunch.   I'm feeling good about where I am with this goal right now. 

2.  Focus on my Health
This was a big fat freaking fail!  I only went to the gym maybe 3 times and I ate like crap.  I'm hoping to get back on track now that I've started my new job and we're past the start of this deployment.   I've also majorly failed in waking up early.  I've been waking up between 8 and 9 every day but I want to be up by 7 at the latest.  I just epically failed at this goal this month.

3. Focus on Bolt's Training
I've been doing more obedience training at home with him, but I still want to get him into classes.  This will have to happen in April after we get our finances in order with all of the recent changes.  I did find an amazing place to board him while I'm out of town this month.  They'll include him in doggy daycare and he'll get to play all day.  I really like this place and I'm excited to see how it works for him.

4.  Photo 365 on Instagram
Again, this one is going really well.  I'll miss a day here and there but I have only missed 6 or 7 days this whole year, so I'd say that's not too bad.   If you follow me on Instagram, my hashtag is #JLRich365.

5. No Spend Year
Well, the Army really hasn't given us a choice in this one.  Josh had to buy so much stuff for his deployment and it wasn't optional.  However, I will say that we didn't buy anything that wasn't needed or required.  I'm counting this as a win for this month. 

6. School
I am actually taking this one off the list.  I was accepted to the Paralegal program at the local community college, but I have decided not to go that route.  Instead, I am going to take classes online at UMUC for a BA in Legal Studies, but I'm not going to start until next year.  Right now, working and saving money is more important than going back to school.

7.  Finish the 50 States Challenge
Fail, just fail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design