Eurotrip Reunion in DC

Thursday, February 9, 2017


Today I am throwing it back to August of 2014.

I can not believe that my People to People trip to Europe was 11 years ago!!  I also can't believe how lucky I am to have stayed in touch with 2/3 girls that I was really close with on that trip.  Britt and I lived in the same county until I moved to NY, so we got together a few times a year and had done day trips together and what not.  But Meagan is from FL and at the time of this trip, was living in TX for grad school.

As luck would have it, she got an internship in DC that summer!  Unfortunately, we couldn't get our schedules together and were only able to go down once to see her.

Technically, actually it was twice.  I texted Brittany a while before and said I was going to a concert in DC and that she should come down that day and we could all meet up.   Luck again, she said she was going to the same concert!   Meagan was able to hang out, out front of the gates with us at Nationals Stadium until the concert started.  (The concert was FL/GA Line and Jason Aldean).


While we were standing there, we determined that Britt and I both had off work the next Tuesday.  We decided to do a quick trip down to DC for dinner and drinks that day once Meagan got off work.  We ended up getting to Dupont Circle around 330 and she got off at 4 - perfect timing!




We decided to eat outside at the Mad Hatter Bar and Grill where I got the best burger ever (obviously per-vegetarian days)!  And an orange crush.  We sat there for probably 2 hours talking and catching up and trying to get over the fact that we hadn't all been together in 8 years!

After dinner we weren't ready to say goodbye so we headed towards the White House and then The Mall.  We ended up sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial for probably another hour doing more talking.









 The FL group was delayed getting to Rome so they missed the roman sites such as the Trevi Fountain, so Meagan made up for it! (Ok, so it's totally not the same, but still).




 








We had such a great time, it was like we picked up right where we left off.  Saying goodbye to Meagan at the Metro Station sucked just as bad as it did saying goodbye at Dulles 8 years before.  We definitely didn't wait so long to get together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design