Life Update: June

Thursday, July 7, 2016


This month started out with a trip to the beach to visit my best friend.   She lives in Arizona but her parents live in Bethany Beach, DE.   The first night we decided to head to the boardwalk and ride some rides.  We learned that we can no longer handle the Tidal Wave (roller coaster) anymore - way too rough!  We did find quite a few rides that we loved and rode some of our favorites from when we were kids.  After that, we decided to get some frozen treats and do cartwheels on the beach like we did when we were kids.  I learned the hard way that I am definitely not 12 anymore and I can not do gymnastics without being sore the next day!   Of course, it wouldn't be us if we didn't drive down coastal highway blasting the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys and NSync ;).

  Our second day, we started with Brunch at Crepes and Crazes in Fenwick.  I have never had a more delicious brunch in my entire life!  The food was amazing and our waitress was the best!  Definitely stop at that little whole in the wall if you're ever at the beaches in Delaware! The rest of the day was spent mostly relaxing on the beach.  It was much needed!  I'm pretty sure I fell asleep more than once!  We did get brave and decided to go up to the water, but it was freezing!   That night we had dinner at the Bethany Boathouse and it was delicious!  I highly recommend it if you are ever in the area!




I left the beach early on Sunday morning and headed to Lutherville for my cousin's grad parties.  Two of my second-cousins were graduating - one from college and one from high school - so they combined graduation parties.  After the party my Grandmother invited some of us girls out for dinner that night.  We ended up at a local place called MaGerks.  I had a great time hanging out with family and I'm taking every chance I can to hang with them before I move.

A few nights later my Grandmother called me and asked if I wanted to come over and play cards with her and one of my other cousins.  We ended up playing Phase 10 and having a great time - and I may have eaten way too much food!

The next weekend I attended a baby shower for my friend Kayla.  They had the cutest set up and I wish I would have taken more pictures!  The games were really fun and cute, and we can't wait to meet baby Josslyn!



The 19th was a day we've been waiting for since March!  Me, my sister and my friends Laurie and Audrey bought tickets to see Brantley Gilbert at Nissan Pavilion in Virginia.   Of course, I can't go a month without something major going wrong, and it went wrong on this day.  I decided I was going to drive Josh's SUV so we'd have more room and so we could open the hatch and sit in the back.  My sister and I noticed a slight squeaking sound when I turned it on for the first time, but it went away pretty quickly so we didn't worry about it.  We ran errands all morning and had no issues.  Then we got on 95 to go pick up Laurie and Audrey.  About 1 mile from the exit I needed, the check engine light came on and the car started shaking.   We pulled over and my sister noticed it was overheating.  Long story short, we called my Mom and she and her friend came down to look at the car and add some coolant.  We got the car about another half mile before it started acting up again, so I had to have it towed.  My Mom took my sister back to my house to get my car and she met me back on 95.   The tow truck was only a minute behind her so I left the keys in his truck and we went on our way.  The next day I found out from my mechanic that it was the water pump, thermostat and some belt thing.  Ugh.  On the positive side, at least it didn't happen while we were in VA.

Luckily we had planned to leave for the concert pretty early just in case we hit traffic, so time wasn't an issue.   The rest of the drive went smoothly and the concert was awesome.  We tailgated in the parking lot for about 1.5 hours before heading in.   We had pit tickets so we were in standing room, so we wanted to get in semi early to get a good spot.  We ended up getting pretty damn close by time Brantley Gilbert came on (his openers were Colt Ford, who I don't really care for, and Justin Moore).   It was a great show and we had a lot of fun!  I plan to do a more detailed post about the concert with more photos at some point.


Finally, the last weekend of the month I was able to go to Virginia and visit Josh.   I'll write more detail about this weekend when I do a post on Jamestown and Jamestown Settlement.   But basically, Saturday, we planned to go to Virginia Beach but there was so much traffic it wasn't even worth it.  We kind of fiddled around a bit trying to figure out something to do and ended up wandering around Historic Williamsburg for a few hours.   That night we had a delicious dinner in Newport News which is near the base.   The second day we explored Historic Jamestown and Jamestown Settlement.  Like I said, I'll have more detail on those later but I will say that I like Williamsburg better.  The weekend was too short and I'm always sad to leave him.  July is the last month I'll be down there and leaving without him.  August can't come soon enough!


On the blog, I managed to update my About Me page.  I really suck at doing those but I think this is a little better than what I had.   I planned on making some other changes, but since I never leave my place of employment, it didn't happen.   The situation at work hasn't gotten any better and I am just counting down the days until I leave - especially now that I have an exact date.

Plans for July

 I am going to the beach sometime soon.  We haven't picked an exact date yet because Alex doesn't know exactly when she's going back to Arizona.   But the beach is happening one way or another. 

I am cat sitting for my friend in the middle of the month.  I love the cat but he doesn't like to let me sleep, so it will be an interesting week. 

I am going to visit Josh one last time before I finally bring him home!  We are planning one day at Busch Gardens and one day at Water Country USA.  We were going to try for the beach again, but I can't pick him up early enough for it to be worth the drive, so we figured Water Country would be a nice alternative. 

My Five Most Popular Posts in June Were:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design