Carcassone, France

Thursday, July 28, 2016


We sadly had to leave our homestay families behind this day, but our next stop was super fun!  When we left that morning we headed to Nimes, France for all of maybe an hour.  I only have one photo (the first photo below) and in my journal I said it was a pointless stop and I wish we could have had that time with our homestay family.  So, I guess I didn't think that highly of Nimes.

Our next stop was to the Pont du Gard roman aqueducts..   Most of our time here was spent playing volleyball and relaxing for a bit before making our way to Carcassone.  We arrived in Carcassone in time for dinner then went right to our hotel where a few people went out for a bit and a few of us stayed in.  About an hour after a few of them left, one of the girls ran into our room yelling that Sting was putting on a concert up at the castle, so of course we all run up to see it!  We couldn't really see anything since we didn't have tickets but we did hear it and it was pretty awesome.

The next day consisted mostly of touring the castle, which I loved!  There is a photo below of my friend Kris and it looks like she's standing in Diagon Alley!  After touring the castle, we got to choose where we went for lunch which was great and then headed to the new area of Carcassone which pretty much had nothing, so we went to McDonalds of all places, but we were all craving it!  We also ordered pizza to our hotel room when we got back because everyone wanted pizza.  Carcassone was definitely one of my favorite parts of the trip because I feel like we got a lot closer as a group while we were there.  The awesome castle didn't hurt either ;)

*Fun Fact: Carcassone was used in the movie Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design