Life Update: April

Thursday, May 5, 2016


Whew!  What a month!  This month started super hectic and didn't slow down!

I started the month visiting my best friend in Delaware.  She lives in Arizona and came out to visit.  She came at the same time last year so it had been a year since I'd seen her :(  I worked Saturday morning so I left right from work and met them at the Delaware Outlets.  We spent time just catching up and having a good time.  I left on Sunday afternoon after a delicious brunch.


In the middle of the month my sister coaxed me into going for a run with her ... that was humerous.  I went again the next Sunday and plan to keep running with her from time to time.  Last weekend was rainy so we didn't go for a run, and I am totally OK with that.

Josh got finally got classed on the 18th.  This means he finally starts his 18 week AIT.  He should graduate sometime near the middle or end of August.   I am so ready to have him back, August can not come soon enough!!

Work still sucks.  The call outs and lateness's are still happening and I'm over it - we're supposed to be off of overtime but I still manage to have over time every week.  What ever happened to work ethic?

I've been studying a lot this month since I have scheduled my personal trainer exam for July.  I may move it back a bit but I'm not sure yet.  Either way, with all the studying I haven't been reading much.  I read zero books in the month of April.  I plan to rectify this in May!  I want to read at least two books and get myself back into a reading groove.

My birthday was on the 27th (I turned 27) and my sister, being the awesome person that she is, got me two seasons of the show Greek.  I am way more excited about this than I should be, but I was really in the mood to watch that show and I was totally bummed to see that it's no longer on Netflix.

Another thing I have been doing is going through my stuff and getting rid of unneeded things.  One thing I've learned, getting rid of books sucks!  I am getting rid of anything I didn't like and anything I know I wont read again.  It's unnecessary to keep them and I've already made good money off some of these books, but it's still hard to part with them!

My sister and I took a short day trip to Annapolis and visited to US Naval Academy.  It was a good trip and we definitely plan to go back to Annapolis soon and explore a  bit more.   We also have several other day trips planned throughout the summer.


This technically happened in May but I'm sharing anyway ... well, kind of.  Josh found out where we will be moving in October ... I'm not going to say anything yet because it can still change, and I hope to God it does.  There were only two bases out of all of the ones he can go to (there is about 15ish) that we absolutely did not want and, of course we got one of those two.   I'm trying to look on the bright side but it's a bit hard right now.  We're definitely extremely disappointed.

Plans for May

I'm looking forward to May mostly because I will be visiting Josh on the 13th and 14th of this month.  Hopefully the weather will be good and we can get in a day at Busch Gardens!   No matter what, it will be a great weekend because I get to spend it with Josh.

My friend Kristin who is living in AZ is coming to visit the following weekend and we will be having a baby shower for her!  I am super excited to have all of my girls in one place!

I am also hoping that my sister and I can take another one of our day trips - either back to Annapolis or to Harper's Ferry, West Virginia.  I don't know if I'll have the time or not, but I really hope one of these works out!

My five most popular posts in April were: 
Life Update: March 
Book Reviews: March 2016 
 Hillbilly Golf: Gatlinburg, TN
Nashville, Tennessee
Downtown: Knoxville, TN


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design