Meeting Brantley Gilbert

Wednesday, March 2, 2016


Last week I said I'd share my story about my meeting Brantley Gilbert at some point.  Well, no time like the present, right?  Back in 2010, my friends and I had all planned to go to a country concert our local radio stations puts on every year, Sunday in the Country.  Josh was supposed to go that year but couldn't go because he just started a new job and couldn't get off, so we sold the ticket to our friend Nick, meet Nick:


When we got to the concert we were all tailgating and playing beer pong and I got to talking to Nick.  I told him how I was sad that Josh couldn't make it because the concert was supposed to be his birthday present but that I was going to get him a Brantley Gilbert T-Shirt for a present since Josh totally had a man crush on him.  Nick more or less replied with "what if I could get us back stage and get that shirt autographed'?  I was like, "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!"  I seriously thought he was pulling my leg.  Apparently his step-dad is the drummer for Lee Brice, who I guess is cool with Brantley Gilbert.  So Nick went off to the side to make some phone call and then later during tailgating he pulls me aside and says "Get your signing pen ready!"  I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack right there.  Long story short, we got back stage for a meet and greet type thing and I got him to sign the shirt I bought for Josh!  Nick definitely wins the award for best friend ever.   P.S. Sorry about the picture size, I had to get them from the WPOC website and if I try to make them bigger it gets all pixely





This is a Bucket List Item:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design