Book Reviews: February 2016

Tuesday, March 8, 2016


Linking up with Steph and Jana again.


I reviewed the first book in this series, Of Poseidon, last month.   Me not liking the last book in a series seems to be a trend right now ... I'm not OK with it.  The second book was good, I really enjoyed it and I was really invested in my favorite characters. I really liked the conflict and I liked how all of the "side stories" tied together.  The third book was good but I realized that so much more could happen but I didn't have many pages left.  This was another series where I really felt like the ending was rushed.   Honestly, I think she could have ended the series at the second book, I thought it wrapped things up nicely.  At the end of the second book I really wasn't sure where the third book could go.  The third also introduced a love triangle, and I really don't like love triangles. The series overall was cute and enjoyable and also kind of cheesey.  This definitely isn't the best series that I've read but as far as being entertaining, it was great.  I think it's worth reading if you're looking for something light for the beach or something.
I gave Of Triton 4/5 and Of Neptune 3/5 on my GoodReads.


I just bought myself a new Kindle Fire this month and I get a free month of Kindle Unlimited.  This was one of the books offered ... and I understand why it was free.  I picked this book because it seemed interesting and had a road trip in it which is something for one of my book challenges.  This book was way too angsty and "graphic" for me.  Also, the last few chapters and the ending were totally rushed.   I really tried to like this book but it wasn't going to happen.
I gave this book a 2/5 on my GoodReads.


I love these books.  As I said when I reviewed "When Calls the Heart", I usually don't like or read books with religious undertones, but I just love these.  I still love the characters and I love reading about life as a pioneer in that time.   Reading these books really takes me back to reading all the Little House on the Prairie books when I was a kid.  Such a cute series and I will definitely continue to read these Canadian West books!
I gave this book a 4/5 on my GoodReads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design