Tranopy Tour: Zip-Line

Tuesday, October 20, 2015


The second part of our Tranopy Tour, and my favorite part, was zip lining.  I was super excited for this as it was my 4th time zip lining, it is definitely one of my favorite things to do!  I have done it in California, Costa Rica, Honduras, and now Jamaica.  I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a bit of an adrenaline rush.

Anyway, after we got off the chairlift, we headed up to where they said we could get food because our friend John didn't eat breakfast.  So, while we were waiting for him we went to check out the views from the lookout tower.   I try to get a photo of the flags of every country I visit, which turned out to be super easy in Jamaica.

Once John was done we went to get our gear and head on out.  Like every zip-line I've done, the views were incredible and I was not disappointed.  This one was a bit different from any other that I've done though because instead of using your hands (and gloves) to stop yourself, they stopped us with this block thingy and all we had to do was hang on to a little handlebar.  I wasn't sure how I felt about that at first but it turned out to be great because I could focus more on my surroundings rather than when I needed to start stopping.   Also, we have never been allowed to go upside-down but on this one there was a short line that we got to go upside-down on!  I LOVED IT!  There was also a line where we went straight down!  I think I was the only one who was excited about that one!   I will also say that although all of our guides on every zip-line I've been on have been great, our guides on this tour were so much better.  Courtney and our other guide whose name I am totally blanking on, were absolutely hilarious and we had a blast with them.   If you ever go on a cruise to Jamaica and the Tranopy Tour to Mystic Mountain is available, I would recommend it just because of the zip-line alone.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design