Scuba Diving in Grand Cayman

Tuesday, October 27, 2015


I don't even know how I'm going to contain myself on this post.  It may just end up being me rambling in excitement!  I LOVED scuba diving, I can't say enough about how awesome it is!

Lets start from the beginning.  We did our dive at Don Fosters Cayman which was about a 2 minute drive from the ship; we really could have walked. We started with the instructor teaching us hand signals and teaching us about all of the equipment and then went to the pool where we broke into groups.  Of course Josh and I would be in the group with the guy who couldn't speak English, so our instructor had a hard time communicating with him via his translator.  Long story short, it took forever to get out into the ocean and she ended up having to take the guy back because he was panicking once we went out.  We could tell she was losing patience and kept apologizing to Josh and I, but it wasn't her fault at all.

Once we got in the ocean and he was taken care of, it was smooth sailing from there.  Josh and I had a great time and seeing the reef and fish up close was amazing.  Our instructor (Lindsey) kept pointing out all different kinds of sea life while we were down there which we definitely would have missed otherwise.  I can't say enough about how much we loved it!  We were actually worried that Josh would hate it because he didn't like snorkeling but thankfully he loved it as much as I did.   I would highly recommend scuba diving to anyone!  It's truly incredible and definitely a whole different world under the water.





















This is a Bucket List Item:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design