Book Reviews: June

Tuesday, July 10, 2018


June was a solid reading month for me - I enjoyed every book I read.  I'm so excited to get into all of my books for Erin's Challenge in July!!


As far as enjoyment goes, this book was a solid 4 for me.  The story line was interesting and I really wanted to know what was going to happen to Lena.  I also love that it takes place in the south (near a town we are considering moving to).  My only issue was that I found the narrator a bit annoying and very repetitive.  I also think it could have been a bit shorter.  I'll definitely be reading the next book in the series.
4/5


Honestly, Fredrik Backman can do no wrong. He can pack more of a punch in less than 100 pages than a lot of authors can in a whole book. 
4/5 


My first thought after finishing Cinder was, WHY did I wait so long to start this series?!?  I'm not typically a science fiction fan - there have definitely been sci-fi books that I've loved, but it isn't something I gravitate towards.  This one just blew me away.   One of my favorite things about this book (especially as a YA book) is that the characters weren't all caught up in their emotions.  They made mature choices based on how it would affect the people around them, not just how it would affect their love interest.  Also, Iko is the best!  I already have the next book on hold at the library and I can't wait to see where this series goes!
4/5


This was the first Backman book I was ever hesitant to read.  I loved Beartown and I didn't know if I really wanted a sequel, but I couldn't let a Backman book go unread.  As always Backman came through with a beautiful and emotional story.  I there was several times throughout this story where I was holding my breath and bracing myself.  While I still loved Beartown more, this sequel definitely didn't disappoint and I definitely recommend it! 
5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design