Book Reviews: November

Tuesday, December 12, 2017


This was a great reading month for me - not because I read a lot but because I read two of the best books I've read this year :)
Linking up here


LOVED LOVED LOVED!  I think this may be my favorite (fiction) book of 2017!  I love reading books about the resistance in different countries - this one takes place in Austria. There are two story lines and the author weaves them together beautifully! I really don't know what else to say - just read this book, you wont regret it! ... 5/5


Sadly, I think this is my least favorite Debbie Macomber book.  I read her books when I want something short with a bit of Cheese, but this was just a bit too cheesy for me.  I also felt like the characters had no chemistry.  This book was OK, but not first on my list of books I'd recommend by Debbie Macomber ... 3/5


I can't quite put my finger on why I loved this book so much, but I did.  I loved all of the characters, I loved that the story centered around books, and I loved how real it felt.  This book deals with so much and it did so seamlessly!  I would highly recommend this book, especially to anyone who has ever lost someone close to them ... 4/5


Again, not my favorite, but this one was definitely better than Starry Night.  This book was cheesey and predictable but I really enjoyed it.  Harry was a great character and super endearing.  Definitely a good Christmas read ... 3/5


I had a hard time rating this book.  On the one hand, it was super slow until the last 30ish percent of the book.  There was also nothing that made this book really stand out.  On the other hand, the writing was fantastic and the overall story was great.  I also liked Emma - she wasn't the typical optimistic heroine you usually find in these books.  She was a realist, a bit bitter, and just doing what she needed to in order to survive.  I'm kind of neutral on this one - it's a good read but not my favorite from the WW2 era ... 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design