Book Reviews: May 2017

Tuesday, October 24, 2017


I know, I am WAY far behind on book reviews! Hopefully I'll catch up soon, but until then, here are my book reviews for May.


This book was not at all what I thought it was going to be, but I still enjoyed it.  While I think it could have been better, I do like that they go into some of the parts of life that are important to living a minimalist lifestyle.  This book is a good starting point for anyone interested in or curious about minimalism.    I feel like it could have been better if they didn't constantly repeat the "we left the corporate world for the simple life" thing.  I got it after the first 3 times.  I also feel like they could have gone into much more detail regarding each of the five core values.  Overall, I feel like this book is worth reading, just don't expect all kinds of tips and tricks to getting rid of things - it's not that kind of book.

I gave this book a 3/5 on my Goodreads.


This is every book lovers dream! I mean, how cool would it be to be able to jump into books?!?  I really liked the main characters and the Scottish setting of this book.  I really love how, even though the jumpers couldn't interrupt the story, they were still able to interact with characters in the margins of the books.  This book was translated from German and I do think some things were lost in translation which left some plot holes, but overall an enjoyable book.  The ending was a big rushed and a lot was left unresolved which makes me wonder if there is going to be a sequel.   I'd definitely recommend reading this book :)

I gave this book a 4/5 on my GoodReads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hayley Larue Design